Here are my top 5 healthy daily habits!
- Drink Plenty of Water: As soon as I wake up I drink a large glass of water with some fresh squeezed lemon. If you drink it lukewarm or hot it will help with waking up your body’s digestive system. Lemons are high in vitamin C, and help protect the body’s immune system. Lemons will also aid in hydration and provide natural electrolytes. Also, drinking it in the morning helps maintain the PH balance of the body. Not only that, but it’s delicious! I also really make a point to stay hydrated throughout the day! Invest in a good water bottle, I love my HydroFlask so much! If you love your water bottle you will drink more water haha!
- Eat a Veggie with every Meal: This doesn’t happen with every meal, but I really try to make a point to add more veggies into my diet! Here are some examples of easy ways to get those veggies in.
Breakfast: I always will cook spinach with my eggs! Such a yummy way to get some greens right away in the morning. If I am making a smoothie I will add a Greens Powder OR blend in a handful of spinach… you won’t even taste it!
Lunch: I love making a big salad with lots of veggies, protein, and healthy fats (avo and olive oil) or some kind of Grains bowl with roasted veggies on top!
Snacks: Hummus and celery or carrots is my go to! If you are more of a chips person, try some baked snap peas! SO YUM.
Dinner: I love roasted veggies such as brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, asparagus, and broccoli. I will do a mix of those and pair them with a protein, such as salmon!
- Move your Body: Wow I love moving my body! I feel ten times better when I take a fitness class (I rarely get to take a class, but I love teaching one haha)! But you don’t always have to “workout” to move your body. This also includes going for a walk, taking time to stretch, doing your favorite sport, and dancing! It is so important to get your body moving and your blood flowing. Some amazing benefits of staying active are enhanced mood, better blood circulation, stronger muscles and bones, and improved brain health (cognitive performance)! Try to find a physical activity you are passionate about.. stick with it and reap the numerous benefits of being active!
- Put your Phone Down: Nowadays we are glued to our phones. Obsessively checking our emails and social media accounts. It can easily be a time suck and we don’t even realize how much it is consuming us. Everyday I try my best to be on my phone less and be more present with my surroundings. When you have a break in the day, instead of scrolling on instagram, go outside and take some deep breaths. Breath in the fresh air and smile at a stranger! With all of our convenient internet friends, it is easy to neglect all the amazing humans that you pass by in your daily life. Another thing that has helped me is not going on my phone for at least an hour before bed. This helps me fall asleep faster and helps my brain relax before a good night’s rest.
- Reading or listening to something Motivational: Every morning I open up my Bible App and read the daily verse. I love starting my day with God’s word and thinking about the verse throughout the day. I also love to listen to worship music on my way to teach my fitness classes. It helps get me centered and calms my spirit from any stress or anxiety. I also love to listen to podcasts! Find a topic that interests you or inspires you! Sometimes life can feel too routine or mundane, and it’s so beneficial to stay motivated and seek encouragement and advice to spice up your daily life!